Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day Three

I"m on day THREE of my diet turnaround....

Yesterday, I noticed major withdrawal. At my workout I was sluggish and it seemed way harder than it should have felt. And in the afternoon I was cranky, headache y, and craving carbs. But i stuck strong to my plan.

I"ve been eating eggs for breakfast. Lunch has been salad/protein combos. And dinner is where I like to experiment. 

The first night I made chicken breasts baked with salsa, cream cheese and fresh tomatoes. YUM!

I made buffalo chicken burgers with blue cheese and scallion dressing for dinner yesterday. They were super yummy and very fast and easy to whip up.

Tonight I'm going to try this: Recipe from Skinny Taste.

Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 8 • Size: 1 boat • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 153 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 12.8 g • Carb: 9 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 372 mg

Ingredients:


  • 1 1/4 cups quick marinara sauce
  • 4 (31 oz total) medium zucchini
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 1/2 small onion, finely diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
  • 14 oz lean Italian chicken sausage, removed from casing (Al Fresco)
  • 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella (Polly-O)
  • 8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! I am rooting for you, and those look delish!

    ReplyDelete