Monday, July 9, 2012

Fat Pants

You know the ones.

 The elastic/stretchy I can't tell how fat I am kind. With my second child literally turning one tomorrow, I think it's time to ditch the fat pants and get serious about my health.

Two things are spurning me on.

1) I have taken my blood pressure TWICE at a publix pharmacy and each time it is borderline hypertension. With my family history, it won't be long until it is full-blown hypertension.

2) I looked in a mirror yesterday at the mall and honestly did not recognize myself. I am the heaviest i've ever been un-pregnant.

So I need to get back to basics and I'm taking my own approach from all i've learned over my 33 years of being the chubby chic.

EATING:
I"m going to be doing a week of Dukan Diet/South Beach ( Lean protein, low fat, no processed carbs). This will help ditch my cravings for chips and pizza and hopefully I will feel motivated by all the fluid/fat loss that comes quickly when you deprive yourself of the glorious carbohydrate. 

MOVING
I"ve already gotten the exercise thing going. Thanks to my MIL I have joined curves and have dedicated myself to going 3-4 times a week so far for a month. I feel stronger, and in great shape...just not thinner.  

Monday Menu

B:
Two eggs scrambled with tomatoes and Turkey Bacon
Coffee with half/half

L:
Chicken Salad
Spinach and Carrots

D:
Baked Chicken breast with light cream cheese and salsa

Snacks will be almonds or fat free greek  yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment