Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cauliflower Bread Sticks

Okay, okay. I know "Eat your Veggie's" is not a new thing.

My mom has been after me since before I was potty trained but I really think that choosing this food group to "focus-on" is benefiting my weight loss and it's giving me a lot of joy!

I recently discovered the joys of Cauliflower. Up until a few days ago, I literally had NEVER tried it. Something about it's weird "albino broccoli" appearance just gave me the yucks!

Last night I made Cauliflower Bread Sticks and Roasted Butternut Squash as my "sides".

You mix riced cauliflower ( pulsed in a food processor) with
1/2 cup egg-whites and 
1/2 cup of 2% cheese ( i did cheddar). 
Press it into a pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 400 for 20-30 mins. Remove when solid to the touch and cut with a pizza cutter into bread stick shapes (8-10 sticks). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and olive oil cooking spray. Turn oven up to 450 and cook 5-10 more minutes. Sticks are done when brown and toasted looking. Serve with red sauce to dip! 



DELISH. My husband LOVED them. I plan on making more to serve to my tot.

1 comment:

  1. Those look JUST like real breadsticks. I need to try them!!

    ReplyDelete