Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Down She Goes.

Weigh in day was yesterday and she didn't disappoint!

I'm down another 2.5lbs for a total of 16.5 pounds.

Feels good. This week, my vegetable star is Eggplant. I've been trying to cook it in interesting ways.

So far one of my favorites is "Eggplant Chips".


  1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Slice eggplant into "coins".
  3. Salt in a strainer and put aside for 15-20 mins or so. ( this helps draw the water out) I usually cook the rest of the meal while this is happening. Last night was beef, beans and brown rice.
  4. Rinse eggplant and pat dry.
  5. Dip in egg whites ( i buy a container from Walmart so that I don't waste eggs)
  6. And then dip in whole wheat bread crumbs mixed with your fav. spices. I do garlic, oregano and pepper.
  7. Heat pan with 1 tsp of olive oil and pan fry coins for 2 mins on each side then place on cookie sheet. Bake for 20 mins turning once.
Dip in warm marinara sauce! YUM. YOu can eat an entire eggplant for 100 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment