Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I bet you're thinking...

Man, she's been gone a long time. I bet she's been on a two-month long nacho & french-fry binge.

But, surprise! I wasn't. Although, i considered it.

I'm actually back and 14 lbs lighter.

Besides having a few set-backs...( i hurt my foot). I've still managed to eat very well and remain active. I've found something that works for me and I've been sticking with it.

One of the things that I've challenged myself with is to try and eat more vegetables.

Not just carrots and celery but LOTS of vegetables, different vegetables, new vegetables. You can't beat the nutritional benefit but they are  full of fiber and so low in calories that they help keep me satisfied for a long time.

I've made eggplant lasagna ( slicing the eggplant to use instead of noodles).

Zucchini Fries ( dip in egg whites and coat with breadcrumbs and bake)

Portabello mushroom pizza ( scrape out the guts and make a turkey pepperoni and light cheese pizza).

Cucumber & Tomato salad ( mix balsamic and splenda)

And, tonight I'm making roasted Butternut Squash to mix with chicken and dumplings!

Anywhoo..i'm back and hope to refocus myself to keep this blog updated on my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment