Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Irony

The Irony of losing weight comes when you start getting attention for it.

Because when your overweight you don't want any.

At all.

You can't STAND for people to mention your outfit, your arms, your legs, your stomach.

Because in YOUR head ( even if they are complimenting your new pants) you THINK they are secretly disgusted with your junk in the trunk.

Or you wonder if they'll go back to their office and twitter about your thunder thighs busting out of your new skirt.

But when you're actively trying to shed some poundage you can't WAIT for people to notice.

However, when you're an amazon, like me. It takes a really long time for people to notice.

On the flip side no one ever believes me when i tell them that when i was pregnant...I outweighed my own father.

Because when you're tall you can hide flab...in lots of places.

So now my weight loss is still a secret.

Only me, the scale, and you guys know that i'm just a little bit smaller than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment