Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tipping the Scales

One of my weight loss essentials is a food scale. I purchased a digital food scale that can read in grams and oz and it is one of my best investments.

Here's why.

I think when you're overweight you have a "perception problem".

I've spent alot of time looking in the mirror over the last year but not very much time ACTUALLY LOOKING at myself.

I sort of focus on the highlights. My face, my hair, occasionally hands.

So when one day you see a picture of yourself that someone else took...it hits you that you had NO IDEA that you looked like that.

Who IS that fat chic?

I think the same thing applies to portions of food.

One serving of chips when measured in my hand is WAY bigger than one serving of baked chips when weighed on the food scale.

I use it for everything.

If i have cereal, i put the bowl on the scale and weigh the milk, zero it out and add the cereal, zero it out and add the banana and then there is no guessing. No fudging the numbers to get an extra bite.

I may not weigh everything forever but for right now...when i'm just starting out...it's essential. Because i know that my perception is still way off.

So if you don't have one...GET ONE. And use it. I'm even bringing it to florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment